The Gospels we plan to use in this project are the four Canonical Gospels:
- The Gospel of Mark (1.75 out of 16 chapters complete)
- The Gospel of Matthew
- The Gospel of Luke
- The Gospel of John
Why are Mark and Matthew in opposite order? We’ve decided to put them in the order that they are believed to be written.
Once these four are taken care of, we also may go on to include:
- The Acts of the Apostles
- The Sayings Gospel of Thomas
To learn more, read up on the About page.
Wherever Jesus or his followers are speaking, a simple transliteration of their words in a reconstruction of their original language so that the reader may intone those very words for themselves will be provided.
If you choose to Support the Project, you can view and participate in the following additional content for the translation:
- The actual written-out Aramaic, Hebrew, or Greek text in a script contemporary to the speaker.
- Audio recordings of key verses. (Coming soon.)
- Extended footnotes and translation notes.
The free version, although it will be vast, is merely the tip of the iceberg.
Furthermore we have some Supporter goals:
- If we reach 100 Supporters, we will release the additional footnotes and documentation to the public.
- If we reach 250 Supporters, we will release all audio recordings to the public.
- If we reach 500 Supporters, we will release all of the actual written-out text to the public.
To reach these goals, please be sure to share this page on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus to tell your friends and spread the word. We can do this!
Register New Account