UPDATE!: The class is now of the ground! More information can be found here: http://aramaicdesigns.rogueleaf.com/aramaic-classes
Some time in January, Aramaic Designs will begin offering online courses in several Aramaic dialects using the Moodle framework. The first of these will be Classical Syriac Aramaic, the language of the Peshitta and Syriac Christianity. The following classes are also planned:
- An Introduction to Aramaic and Its Dialects (ARC101)
- Classical Syriac (SYR101)
- The Peshitta (SYR201)
- Classical Mandaic (MAN101)
- Biblical Aramaic (BAR101)
- Palestinian Jewish Aramaic (PJA101)
- Imperial Aramaic (IMP101)
- Samaritan Aramaic (SAM101)
Each individual course will be over 20 weeks long and include full audio lectures, written assignments, multimedia, comprehension tests, and live help. There will be no required textbooks as all necessary materials will be available through the courseware, although additional recommended readings will be listed.
For further information and for special Christmas gift pricing, email in to Information@AramaicDesigns.com.